Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) is a communicable disease caused by a replacement virus. The disease causes respiratory disease like the flu with symptoms like a cough, fever, and in additional severe cases, difficulty breathing. you’ll protect yourself by washing your hands frequently, avoiding touching your face, and avoiding close contact (approx 1 meter ) with people that are unwell.
How it spreads?
Coronavirus disease spreads primarily through contact with an infected person once they cough or sneeze. It also spreads when an individual touches a surface or object that has the virus thereon, then touches their eyes, nose, or mouth.
People could also be sick with the virus for 1 to 14 days before developing symptoms. the foremost common symptoms of coronavirus disease are fever, tiredness, and dry cough. most of the people get over the disease without having special treatment.
More rarely, the disease is often serious and even fatal. Older people, and other people with other medical conditions (such as asthma, diabetes, or heart disease), maybe more susceptible to becoming severely ill.
People may experience:
• difficulty in breathing
You can ensure yourself and help forestall spreading the virus to other people on the off chance that you:
• Wash your hands consistently for 20 seconds, with cleanser and water or alcohol-based hand rub
• Spread your nose and mouth with an expendable tissue or flexed elbow when you hack or sniffle
• Stay away from close contact (approx 1 meter) with individuals who are unwell
• Stay home and self-isolate from others in the household if you feel unwell
• Touch your eyes, nose, or mouth without cleaning your hands
There is no specific medicine to stop or treat coronavirus disease (COVID-19). People may have supportive care to assist them to breathe.
Self-care is needed, If you’ve got mild symptoms, occupy the home until you’ve recovered. you’ll relieve your symptoms if you:
• rest and sleep
• keep warm
• drink many liquids
• use an area humidifier or take a hot shower to assist ease pharyngitis and cough